Mr. Hanula has been an executive in the Water Sector for over 25 years. He has led strategic initiatives including Big Cities Programs in the US and internationally focused on development in large urban areas critical to the water and infrastructure businesses.
He has spent over 16 years at MWH/Stantec and is currently Senior Vice President and Global Director for Business Development in the firm’s Global Water Business Line responsible for strategy and growth in the six geographic regions. As part of this responsibility he also supports Government Affairs functions across the Municipal Service Group in the US. He also serves as Global Account Manager for the Stantec relationship with Suez WTS.
Prior to rejoining MWH in 2014, Mr. Hanula was a Senior Vice President with CH2MHILL, holding several leadership positions in their Water Business and Civil Infrastructure Groups during his 9 year tenure.
Educated as both an architect and civil engineer, he brings a broad understanding of the planning, design, and delivery requirements associated with complex infrastructure programs. During his 33 years of professional experience, he has served as project architect, project engineer, and project manager for large assignments in both the US and abroad that have covered projects and programs in general building, water, transportation, and environmental management sectors. This experience has included the development and implementation for water/wastewater system infrastructure, transit, aviation facilities, hospitals, educational facilities, and commercial buildings.
• Master of Science, Civil Engineering (with High Honors), University of Tennessee- 1984
• Bachelor of Architecture (with Honors), University of Tennessee-1983
• Executive Programs in Leadership, Stanford Graduate School of Business and University of Michigan Ross School of Business
• Advisory Board- University of Southern California, Viterbi School of Engineering, Sonny Astani Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering- 2013- present
• Advisory Board- University of Tennessee, Tickle College of Engineering- 2014-present
• Board Member- WateReuse Foundation- 2012-2018
• Board Member- California Foundation on the Environment and the Economy- 2009-2014
• Board Member- Pasadena Federal Credit Union- 1995-1999
• Architectural registrations in 12 states
• Member of American Institute of Architects and NCARB